Thursday, May 28, 2009

Does God need an Umbrella?

Since this is my very first blog it may get ugly for some of you. I never made it out of the first round in any spelling bee and I've basically been raising kids for the last 20 years (boys). Anyway, it's been raining outside and that prompted the question, does God need an umbrella. What do you think? Does God get wet? Does God care if God gets wet? See, I always have way more questions than answers. Answers are just so finite and I love a little change sometimes. Anyway, If God uses a body I'm not sure God would care if it got wet. I don't think God gets cold, even in the rain. I think Jesus would have, but not in his new body. Would God care if the rain messed up the outfit God was wearing? Just what would God wear? I'd dress God in a Tshirt and khacki pants... with sandals and a hat of course. (Hey, don't assume God is gona be a man again!) All of that is pretty wash and wear. I don't think God will care about getting wet, especially with a hat on. So I don't guess God will need an umbrella. And remember, that's just a guess NOT an actual answer. So why not take a walk in the rain the next time the opportunity arrises? Be a kid again and feel the drops on your face and hands. God is in the little things and we often blow right by them. Be blessed today!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere!
    I will be looking with interest for future posts.

    ReplyDelete